Faust Suite, with a queen bed, opens to the second floor pergola overlooking the courtyard and gazebo in the Historic Hotel Building. The modern bath features a four-foot walk-in shower. Room has the original carved wood trim.
History: In 1909, Louis F. and Matilda Faust purchased what had been the Ingenhuett Hotel since 1880. Matilda’s cooking and hospitality made the Hotel a popular stopping place on the route from San Antonio to Fredericksburg. The Faust’s operated the Hotel while raising their son and daughters. Their son, Pat Faust, who worked in the Hotel as a youth, was the Comfort Postmaster from 1933-1952. Matilda was a constant presence in the Hotel well into her 80s. The Hotel changed hands in 1946.