Karger Suite, with a queen bed, is brightened by two oversized windows with the original glass still in place. Beautifully refinished light wood floors, an antique iron bed, and crisp white trim make this a cozy space. Originally used as the Hotel dining room, this suite opens onto the courtyard and gazebo.
The Karger family has a long history in Comfort. Charles Karger was Marie Ingenhuett’s brother and managed the Hotel for much of the time the Ingenhuett’s owned it. A few doors down on High Street, Ernst Karger (1861–1922) took over operation of the Capitol Saloon that Peter Ingenhuett and his son had built and operated. Prohibition brought an end to the saloon business and the building known as the Ingenhuett-Karger Saloon housed other ventures. In 1913, Ernst had the Karger Building constructed next door and rented to his first tenant who opened a pool hall.